All businesses with a fixed address need a telephone system. It's hard to imagine walking into an office without hearing phones ringing. We all basically know how a phone works, but when a phone system with multiple lines and extensions is required, what features are beneficial? There is a significantly large list of features that are available with modern pbx systems, so how do you know what's right for you?
If you're not aware of how far communications has come in the past decade, then it might be worth considering a consultation with a telecommunications pbx telephone system expert who can analyse your business type and target features and functions to your specific needs. If you are a small business however, you may be looking for something a bit simpler. You probably won't need to push the boundaries of technology to get big benefits from your phone system.
Here are some of the most common features:
- Voicemail - This can be used for personal greetings/messages, day/night mode, email notification, record conversations, message forwarding, etc
- Music On Hold - Plays internal/external audio to customers on hold or in queue
- Voice over IP - Connect remote sites or workers, cheap SIP line registrations
- Call Forwarding - Transfer calls to external parties from office handsets
- Caller ID - Displays and logs incoming and outgoing call traffic per handset
- Call Queuing - Uses automated attendant to create recorded queues in order to manage incoming call traffic effectively with multiple option menus
- Door Phone - Answer calls at front door and unlock door strike from handset
- DID Indials - Using ISDN service, allows all users to have their own number
- Speed Dialling - Use one touch keys or memory list do scroll speed numbers
- Paging - Make announcements to the entire office from any extension
This list is just a small sample of the most commonly used features and only scratches the surface of what a Panasonic pbx can do for your company. If you need to know more, speak to an expert who will point out what's right for you.